Young European Federalists Plan New Action of Solidarity with Belarus
New elections will be held in Belarus on 19 December. Media, academics and NGO representatives announce already that they will be neither free nor fair.
This is why JEF is organising the 6th edition of its pan-European Belarus action on Thursday 16 December! All sections, NGOs and activists in Europe and across the globe are called upon to join in a massive protest against the last dictatorship on the European continent and ask for the democratisation of the country. The people in Belarus must be given a real choice as well as a voice to speak up!
The action will consist of:
- The traditional gagging of statutes in the streets. Pictures will be uploaded on JEF’s Flickr account.
- A number of Press Releases, also in Russian and Belarussian
- Facebook and Twitter campaigns. Follow us on Twitter via: @freebelarusjef
- A dedicated week of articles about Belarus on www.thenewfederalist.eu
- Lobby actions among political decision-makers in Brussels or elsewhere
Stay tuned for more info coming soon! We are counting on your support and involvement!