Competition for the Best Analytical Article About Belarus
Belarus Digest is announcing a competition for the best analytical article about Belarus.
Belarus Digest a leading online English-language periodical on Belarus, provides non-partisan analysis of Belarus-related events written primarily by Belarusians specifically for an English-language readership.
Submissions should be sent to
After a blind peer review by an expert panel, three prizes will be awarded from a total fund of $700. The best articles will be subsequently published on Belarus Digest.
The competition participants should:
- Be Belarusian citizens or residents of Belarus.
- Have never published on Belarus Digest before.
Submissions should correspond to the following requirements:
- Be evidence-based and focus on a current political, economic or social problem relevant to Belarus.
- Be no longer that 1,100 words and should correspond to the usual text requirements of Belarus Digest.
- Be an unpublished text that is written in English by the author, rather than translated by a third party.
The expert panel will take into account the following criteria in reaching their decisions:
- Originality of submissions – preference will be given to submissions challenging stereotypes and clichés.
- Quality of evidence-based analysis.
- Showing different views and approaches to the problem in question.